My uncle, after seeing the line-up, sent me this great application to “Date my Daughter.” As a youth leader, my application would be a little different, but kind of the same gist. I wouldn’t as much threaten bodily harm as threatening me as a chaperone at their next dance, butting in and creating space for the “Holy Spirit” between them and the lady. Anyway, this is the dad version- enjoy!
Application For Permission To Date My Daughter
Note: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless
accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history,
lineage, and current medical report from your physician.
Name:________________________ Date of Birth:_________________
Height:_________ Weight:__________ IQ:_________ GPA:__________
Social Security #:___________ Driver’s License #: Number:_______
Boy Scout Rank:_________________ Telephone:___________________
City:__________________________ State:__________ Zip:___________
1. Do you have one male and one female parent? ____
If “No”, explain:
2. Number of years your parents have been married: ____
Any brothers or sisters? ____
Are they normal? ____
3. Do you own or have access to a van? ____
A truck with oversize tires? ____
A waterbed? ____
4. Do you have an earring, nose ring, or belly button ring? ____
5. Do you have a tattoo? ____
If you have answered YES to #3, #4 or #5, discontinue
application and leave immediately.
(I actually disagree with #4 and #5, I think an explanation would be in order though )
6. In fifty words or less, what does Late mean to you?
7. Who did you learn your dancing styles from?
a) Rap videos
b) The movie “Dirty Dancing”
c) The Puritans
8. In fifty words or less, what does Abstinence mean to you?
9. In fifty words or less, what does Real Pain mean to you?
10. Church you attend: ____________________________
How often do you attend: ____________________________
11. When would be the best time to interview your mother, father
and youth pastor?__________________________
12. Please fill in the blanks:
a. If I were shot, the last place on my body I would want
wounded would be my ____________________________
b. If I were beaten, the last bone I would want broken would
c. A woman’s place is in the ____________________________
d. The one thing I hope this application doesn’t ask is
e. When I meet a girl, the one thing I always notice about her
Note: If answer begins with “T” or “A”, discontinue and leave premises–keeping your head low and running in a serpentine fashion is advised.
13. What do you want to be if you grow up?
I swear that all the above information is correct to the best of
my knowledge under penalty of death, bodily harm, dismemberment,
torture or mental abuse.
Signature of applicant _________________________________
Signature of father _____________________________________
Signature of mother ____________________________________
Signature of pastor ___________________________________
Signature of State Representative _________________________
Thank you for your interest, and it had better be genuine and non-sexual.
Please allow 4-6 years for processing. You will be contacted in writing if approved. If denied, please never apply again. Don’t call me, I’ll call you.