I don’t know about you – but there are certain things around Christmastime that make me feel so grateful for this life. I’ve compiled a short list, but not in any order and definitely missing things. I hope this brings back memories (or gives you ideas for this Christmas!).
1. White Christmas
2. Home Alone
3. It’s a Wonderful Life
4. A Christmas Carol (both the original AND the Muppet version)
1. All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey
2. Happy Holidays by NSync
3. Soundtrack to Charlie Brown Christmas
4. Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (acoustic style)
5. ALL the Christmas carols with all the verses … so beautiful!
6. Whatever Christina and I end up performing for church
1. trying to snowboard for the first time behind a four-wheeler
2. road trips in the middle of snow-storms to Chicago and Indianapolis
3. sledding down a hill on a picnic table
4. hot chocolate, tea, coffee – anywhere, anytime
5. cards, cards and more cards (especially at my friends the Kolts’)
6. board games with the fam!
7. COOKIE DECORATING contest (I always lose, but sometimes I manage to get some award for creativity)
9. baking and cooking … and being in the kitchen when it’s being done
10. breakfast! early mornings are the best!
11. Looking at ridiculous Christmas displays
1. Christmas caroling to neighbors
2. cousin sleepover with all the girls
3. Christmas Eve service with candle light “Silent Night”
4. Christmas Eve dinner before the service and gifts afterward
5. Christmas day with G&G Sponsler, and whatever day works for the Nichols masses
6. DOUGHNUTS with Jane at the Nichols’
There are too many to list! Oh, how thankful I’ve become by the bottom of the list. Wow! Please feel free to add your Christmas countdown favorites here and let me know if I’ve missed some of my own!